Tuesday, January 6, 2015

My Prized Horror Possessions

For those of you that follow me on Instagram, you've seen what I call my "horror shelf", which started out like this:
On the Hellraiser side, I had a few Hellraiser comic books, and a puzzle box, a picture of Elliot Spencer (Pinhead before he's Pinhead) and what looks like a bookmark with a film cell from the film, which I had received as a gift.
On the "everything else" side, I had plushie Blade, 12" scale Blade, a Blade bobblehead signed by Charles Band from when I met him at ComicCon, a DVD of Puppet Master 1-9, and a few miscellaneous figures from the movie. It looks like I had Blade, Jester, Leech Woman, and Mephisto.
That was the beginning of the end...the horror shelf now looks like this:
I would say the collection has gotten completely out-of-hand. I'm going to have to break up my full collection over the span of a few posts, but that'll come later. For now, I'll just let you in on a few of my favorites.

First of all, let's just talk about that Pinhead bust on the far left. He's one-of-a-few, made from a mold of Doug Bradley's head. For those of you who don't know Doug Bradley, he's the guy that plays Pinhead, but he's also a total sweetheart. Yes, I've met him. I'll explain that in a later post as well...I've met all 4 Cenobites, and even shared coffee with one of them!
Anyway, my Pinhead bust: he's hand-painted, hand-constructed. He was a birthday gift. I don't know where he came from, I don't know how much he costed. All I know is I have someone amazing in my life who found him for me.

Next, we have my Cenobite lair box-set...that's that big box that you can see to the left of my puzzle box, and it looks a little like this now:
Yes, it is signed by all 4 of them. My next plan is to track down Mr. Clive Barker himself and have him sign this bad boy. It's my pride and joy, and I love it so, so, SO much. This one came from a comic book shop not too far from me.
My puzzle box under that glass dome is also signed by all 4 of them, plus Ashley Lawrence, who plays Kirsty Cotton. What can I say...it was an awesome weekend.

Next on the list: my collection of horror plushies! I've had Blade since ComicCon of 2013, his tag is signed by the creator of Puppet Master, Mr. Charles Band.
But then...I have these babies:
I call them the Three Amigos, but they're also my three favorite villains (although for those of you that watch Freakshow, you know the deal with Twisty). Far left: Pinhead (duh), middle is Twisty the Clown from American Horror Story: Freakshow (see previous post about how much I love creepy clowns) and far right: Pennywise the Clown from Stephen King's IT. Because you all know how much I love IT. No, they don't all float.
...No, I don't want a balloon.
Now, these little loves- I can tell you where they came from! I encourage all of you to go check out the AMAZING Etsy shop Moodyvoodies. They are so sweet and incredible and helpful, and they made all 3 of these for me! They're handmade, and you get to be involved in the process of being made. I got to pick who was sitting and who was standing, and I got little updates like "hey, Taylor, do you like him like this? Or should I change -insert revision here-?" I love working with them. My entire paycheck goes into buying more of these. Hi, my name is Taylor, and I am a MoodyVoodies addict.

Like I said, I will absolutely show all of you the entire collection of babies I have up there. Yes, I call them "the babies", and it really freaks people out.
But for now, this is your little glimpse into the explosion that is my horror collection. These are the ones that are most special to me (but don't tell the others I said that, because I have to sleep in the same room as them, and I don't want anyone getting angry or jealous). I have everything from action figures to lunchboxes to Christmas ornaments, so it's going to span a week, probably.
Leave a comment and let me know if you'd like to see that as the topic of next week's posts, or if you want me to do some more reviews and/or chats before getting into that!

Next up: a talk about my current guilty pleasure...Ghost Adventures.

1 comment: