Tuesday, October 13, 2015

American Horror Story: Hotel...WHAT WAS THAT?!

Hello again, my ghosts and ghouls.
Today, I'd like to talk to you all about the first episode of American Horror Story: Hotel, because I feel like some images from this season are permanently burned into my brain and I will never be able to unsee them.



I know a ton of people are disappointed that the fabulous Jessica Lange did not return to star in this season (I specifically say "did not return to star" because there are talks of her potentially taking on a small role at some point in the season, though it's not confirmed). HOWEVER, from the looks of this first episode, this cast looks pretty stellar.
I'm not going to lie, I loved Kathy Bates because she's amazing and calm as always, but Dennis O'Hare completely stole the show as Elizabeth Taylor. Werk, honey.
I'm also not going to lie: I'm not convinced on Lady Gaga's character. I'm not sure if it's intentional or not that she's entirely monotonous and predictable. Part of me feels slightly biased because I typically don't enjoy her in general, but her character annoyed me and I found myself wishing her off-screen.

Other than the weirdness that is this crazy cast, can we talk about the insanity that was this storyline?Spoilers ahead! If you haven't seen it yet, don't be mad!

So we have a crazy dude raping a drug-addict with a razor dildo, Sarah Paulson (beautiful as always) as an insane heroin addict with abandonment issues and Lady Gaga and her lover are eating people while engaging in a foursome...are they vampires? Cannibals? I don't even know. A gorgeous detective lost his son at a carnival and his son is now living in the hotel. What is happening.

I don't know about you, but I think this season is off to a wonderful start. I'm just glad they're bringing back the shock value that Coven lacked and the excitement that just wasn't there at the end of Freakshow.

I'm still wondering how everyone ended up there, though. Lady Gaga owns the hotel, but clearly something is up with her and Donovan (her lover man thing/Kathy Bates' son), but they make it pretty obvious that Hypodermic Sally is already dead and Countess (Gaga) got ahold of detective-man's son after the carnival.

REGARDLESS, this was an awkward post because I just rambled...but there are SO MANY QUESTIONS that I need answered! Who are all of these people and where did they come from?!

Have you been watching American Horror Story: Hotel? What did you think of the first episode? Are you tuning in for episode 2? Are you sick of me asking you a million questions yet?

Until next time, stay spooky! <3
Taylor Terrible

2 comments:

  1. I have to say that this season is very underwhelming. I really don't care for it thus far. I guess we are only 2 episodes in, but it just feels like this season is just The Lady Gaga show. I absolutely don't listen to her music, but it all feels like it is a way to make her seem more "edgy" as she seems to try to push the boundaries of her "persona" every chance she gets. To me, she seems like she is trying way to hard to be the female Marilyn Manson (who IS awesome).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree...so far I haven't really found anything about this season that's really worth watching. The story is moving a little too slow for my taste, and you're right, it's ALL about Gaga (who really isn't great).
      But I do agree...Manson is the man ;)

      Delete