Tuesday, May 5, 2015

The New Pennywise is Only 21?!

There is speculation floating around the internet that Will Poulter of "We're the Millers" is in negotiations to play Pennywise the Dancing Clown in the remake of Stephen King's "It" and I'm freaking out.
I don't know if I'm freaking out in a good way or a bad way, but I'm freaking out.
As most of you know (or at least I think most of you know), my top 3 horror films of all time are Hellraiser, It, and Trick 'r Treat (in that order). It's a big deal for Hollywood to be remaking one of the classics, especially for me, because I think I saw It for the first time when I was about 9 and fell in love with killer clowns after that...
But what concerns me is the fact that Tim Curry will not be playing Pennywise. He made Pennywise one of the most iconic horror villains of all time; something nightmares were made of. Clowns became something other than a fun circus attraction- they became something to be feared. I feel that Curry is irreplaceable, and I by no means think that they're trying to replace him, but I think it will be hard to be on-par with his performance.

The plan is for the film to be broken up into two feature-length films, I assume to accommodate the child side of the book, and the adult side. For those of you that have not read the books but have seen the film, the film is awesome, but doesn't do the book the justice it deserves. There is so much more character development that needs to be seen that isn't acknowledged in the original film, and I think it was to fit time constraints because if they had followed the book, the film would have probably been about 6 hours.
SO! They will be splitting it into the two 2-hour films. Or so I assume. I'm also assuming that if the plan is to stay true to the books, that the films will be much more graphic this time around.

What do you guys think about the casting decision?!

No comments:

Post a Comment